VEHICLE CLASSIFICATION INFORMATION SHEET
UPDATED FEBRUARY 2020
GEAR Vehicle Participation Guidelines
- ALL vehicles that have participated in GEAR Club events prior to July 2017 will remain as accepted vehicles for future GEAR Club Inc. events.
- The purpose of these guidelines is to give members and prospective members an outline of the type/class of vehicle that is generally accepted at GEAR events.
- An important aspect of GEAR events is member behaviour, both on and off track. This is as important as vehicle relevancy.
- The general aim of these guidelines is to maintain GEAR Club Inc. as an organisation whose purpose is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for historical, Australian and overseas racing cars to participate in on-track events organised by GEAR Club Inc.
- Vehicles participating in events organised by GEAR Club Inc. will generally be recognized to be representational of entrants in previous events conducted by GEAR Club Inc.
- AS A GENERAL GUIDELINE, open wheeled and clubman and racing cars will be primarily built of components manufactured before 1990.
- As a general guideline production sports cars and sedans will be manufactured before 1985.
- Vehicles which have been built after these dates but are constructed in a manner that reflects the original period of the class/type of vehicle being built will be considered.
- The decision of the committee is final subject to the appeals process as outlined in the GEAR Club Inc. constitution.
- All vehicle entrants are subject to all reasonable safety considerations.
- All decisions of GEAR Club Inc. Committee are final subject to the GEAR Constitution.
Procedure for applying for participation of a new vehicle to run
with GEAR Club Inc.
- GEAR Club Inc. is primarily a motorsport club whose aim is to support the history of Australian motorsport.
- Members contemplating building a vehicle to run at GEAR Club Inc. events are encouraged to consult with the committee and to take advantage of the expertise in the Club to help ensure compliance with the Vehicle Participation Guidelines.
- GEAR Club resources such as the Club Library and The Gearbox are available to members to help in any build project destined for GEAR Club Inc. events.
- Prior to submitting an entry for a GEAR Club Inc. event, a member, or potential new member, must provide the committee of GEAR Club Inc. with a description of the vehicle, at least two photos and any other information that the applicant may consider appropriate.
- This information must be sent to any member of the GEAR committee by email or post and at least one month prior to an event.
- The committee will consider the information presented, consult, and inform the applicant of the outcome in a timely manner.
- Alternatively, by prior arrangement, the vehicle may be brought to a regular GEAR Club Inc event for physical inspection.
- The decision of the committee is final subject to the constitution of GEAR Club Inc.
Visitors to this site